7.17.2008

Just so you assholes know...

It's the eve of the release of The Dark Knight, and I've been telling everyone how I've thought it's going to turn out for months (at least).

Point is, here we go: Obviously the Joker isn't the focus of the movie (as the trailers would leave us to believe), but the main plot is going to be about Batman and Harvey Dent and Jim Gordon (and the whole GPD) working together to quash the criminal threat that rises up after the fall of Falcone's crime syndicate. The culmination of the film (after the Joker kills Dent's love interest, Rachel Dawes, and the Joker burns Dent's face) is going to be Dent spiraling into madness and anarchy, and he seeks revenge upon the man who did this to him: the Joker. Ultimately, Batman is going to have to stop Dent from killing the man he has been trying to stop the entire film, and it's up in the air whether or not Batman is going to be successful.

Either way, this is just for the record, so nobody can say, "You never said that!" Because I did. So fuck you all, and enjoy your midnight showing of The Dark Knight.

EDIT: So yeah, I was like 85-90% right. Imagine that! The Dark Knight was a resounding success across the board, but was it really a great movie? Does Heath Ledger deserve a posthumous Oscar? I'd wager "No," and "No," but hey, who am I to judge? I called most of the action in this movie. I guess that makes me a fucking dumbass. OH WELL!

No comments: